Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The Summer Skin Booster Smoothie

               I was feeling a little Minimalist 90's summer grunge
American Apparel Sundress & Grungy Black Lace-up boots
And with the heat and the sunshine the awareness of the health of my skin appeared in my mind. But to be fair and honest when aren't I concerned with my skin. It's all over me right? It's a huge organ, and it needs to be loved.

Thinking
 My skin has changed so much in the past years, and while I do believe in applying topical agents to heal, nourish and replenish the skin, there is nothing like healing, and glowing from the inside out. The best way I have found to do this is through fruits and of course The Veg. But today I was focused on the power of the delicious Vitamin C laden, energy boosting fruit. I just want to glow like J-lo from the block, without using a bronzer. I want to look like a beacon of light, like an orb. Like whoa you can see her coming from miles away she looks so radiant. You know what I mean?


For this Smoothie you will need these 5 simple and tasty ingredients 

Excitement
  1. 1/2 Spotted Banana ( Making sure that the banana is ripened (spotted) is better for digestion
  2. 1 Cup of Vanilla almond Milk or Vanilla soy Milk
  3. 6 Strawberries
  4. 4 chunks of Pineapple ( medium sized chunks)
  5. 2 cups Blueberries                                   

Throw everything into a blender, and blend away, but as a warning to much blending can cause the ingredients to froth, and that might make you sad. Ice is optional or you can freeze the Banana to make the smoothie of a creamer consistency .
Delicious  Skin Love  

So there we have it, Blueberries bursting with antioxidants (every time I hear the word antioxidant I think anti-aging and I'm all over it, and I will at least try it for better or worse. Fortunately I happen to like the taste of most fruit.) Strawberries and Pineapple for the extra Vitamin C Punch. Banana for Potassium to regulate fluid retention in the body,and almond milk for an extra boost of B vitamins, vitamin E , and vitamin D. Almond milk just tastes better in my opinion you know.


Every time I drink this smoothie, the very next day I always look brighter, and my skin looks happy. I would recommend this to anyone of any age.

                                                            Give it a Try, & bye for now   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment